News/Notes from the Exit Interviews from the Verizon Center:
* JaVale McGee had me crying (from laughing so much) during his interview. He said some hilarious things like, he had no idea John Wall was even the captain of the team. Comcast SportsNet's Chris Miller and I were cracking up because it came out of no where and I thought he was being for real. I'm pretty sure (I hope to God) he was joking but who knows with this guy. If he wasn't, SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG WITH THAT.
* John Wall said he thinks the Wizards need another big man (or just a big man who plays big), a backup point guard (hmm) and wing man (small forward, Harrison Barnes would be PERFECT)
* IF YOU DID NOT KNOW, THE NBA SUMMER LEAGUE HAS BEEN CANCELLED THIS YEAR, THANKS TO THE NBA LOCKOUT THAT MAY HAPPEN. On to the NBA Draft we go....
(On a side note, The Goodman League, who is officially sanctioned by the NCAA, will be the best alternative to the NBA Summer League. Many college and pro players will be in the Goodman League this year playing)
* John Wall also said he would be at the Capital Classic on Sunday. If you don't know already, the capital classic is going to be in Upper Marlboro where all the best high school players locally and nationally will play and show case their talents. Most of the talent have committed to a school already. I highly suggest you to go watch it with John!
* Several Wizards thought the NBA Finals would be the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers. Kevin Seraphin thought it would be the Celtics from the East along with the Lakers in the West.
* Nick Young made a hilarious comment about what he would do this offseason. He said he wanted to get into acting (I hope he was kidding about that too) and someone from Comcast (Camera Man) shouted out "PORNO" and ofcourse Nick being Nick said he would be having his own sex tape soon (relax, he was joking).
* Yet, another funny moment, as I was leaving, I noticed Kevin Seraphin, you know, the big man who looks like Shrek, well, he was on a segway. He said he bought it from JaVale McGee. McGee said he gave Kevin a great deal on it.