This afternoon the Wizards Guest Services Team sent out an email to season tix holders with an update regarding the ticket policy.
A few highlights and then the actual letter:
- announcement that games through Saturday, October 15th have been cancelled
- Fans investment with the Wizards is protected
- The NBA has determined that customers who have paid in advance for tix will receive interest (1%APR) on funds related to games not played
- Coming into season, the organization focused on protecting the fans by locking them into a 3 Year Guarantee on full season tix prices through 2013-14 season
- Assurances the leagues efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that benefits all parties
- NBA goal is to secure a business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, compensate players fairly and ensure a world class experience for fans
Now, enjoy for yourselves....
Now that the obvious is out of the way, I can't wait to get my letter from Derek Fisher telling me why the owners are wrong and that the players want what is only in our best interest as well...