Video edited courtesy of Roni B, aka @BBallWiz330
- Jordan Crawford, who has been struggling this season thus far, hit a 3 point shot from 40 feet away.
- On the day where the nation celebrates and honors the late Dr. Martin Luther King, the Wizards usually come out on top; 5-0 all time on MLK day; they drop to 5-1 after yesterday’s game.
- Trevor Booker brings an element of passion to this team and it shows on the court. It’s fun watching the guy. If only he was 2-3 inches taller, he would have been a top 5 pick and more of a force inside. One thing that you can’t measure is his heart. He’s got a lot of it.
- John Wall really needs to work on his shot. He needs to try and take over in more games. The Wizards’ starting 5 in scoring: Wall had 38 points, followed by Nick Young with 13, McGee with 8, Chris Singleton with 6, and Booker with 3. That is unacceptable. It’s clear that Wall needs help.
- Technicals were given out to Andray Blatche and Wall. From what I’ve heard, those two did not even curse and they got a technical. They simply questioned a call. I guess only having one win can only win you so many arguments.
- Wizards panic when they are down. It’s like they don’t have it in them to come back at all.
- Samuel Dalembert was abusing Blatche down low. Dalembert finished with 20 points, 9 of 11 shooting. Defensively, this was the worst I’ve seen from Blatche.
Wizards MVP: Clearly it is Jimmy Wall. Finishing with 38 points, he did what he needed to do. That was to take over and show why he was chosen to be the #1 pick. He also finished with 8 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals. I don’t know what it is but John always has a good game against the Rockets (he had his first career triple double against them last year). If the Wizards can get John to play more like this, he will naturally grow into a better player and his shot eventually will get better (only one can hope).
Wizards Least Valuable Player: It’s hard to say who it was but I had to go with Trevor Booker and Nick Young. They are both starters and did not show with their numbers. Young shot 3 of 11, finishing with 11 points. Booker shot 1 of 6 while finishing 3 points. That’s not what one expects when Wall goes for 38. They have to help him as much as possible.
Play of the Game: This play was bittersweet. JaVale McGee tosses the ball against the backboard and throws it down, as if he gave himself an alley oop. I personally loved it. Thought it was great. Flip Saunders, however, didn’t agree. He told reporters he should save those type of plays for the All-Star Game. McGee thought otherwise, telling the media that he did not regret it. It depends on how you look at the play. On McGee’s defense, he said he did it to spark the team and get them hype.