Day 4 of the NBA Summer League began in much more positive fashion. And no, I’m not just talking about the riddance of Andray Blatche. Two nights removed from the debacle against the D-Leaguers, the Wizards B squad came out much more poised this afternoon.
In what was a scrappy outing, there was plenty of hustle and muscle on display for the Wiz kids courtesy of Jan Vesley and Chris Singleton. The ever so erratic, yet tough Shavlik Randolph got a good amount of burn, filling the stat sheet with 16 points and 12 boards.
Bradley Beal had a few good looks but also had a few tough ones, dropping only 5 of his 15 shots and finishing with 14 points, including a late 3. Wizards win 83-77.
- Chris Singleton still can’t shoot, however his defensive presence and hustle were all over the place. A few offensive boards, forced jump balls, pressure down low highlighted much of Singleton’s continued progression.
- Shavlik Randolph, as erratic as he may be from time to time put in work tonight. 15 boards, though?? BEASTIN'.
- Bradley Beal showed his usual patience early on, running designed plays not involving him. Didn’t have first shot attempt until 6 minutes into game.
- While Jan Vesley seemed poised and tough at times, he also seemed really lazy as well.
- There was no antidote for Josh Selby tonight. The kid from B-More dropped 35, making it rain from downtown with 7 three's.