Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Wizards vs Pistons Game Thread 4/11

Rookie

Kills me to say it, but...

This team has been worse with Gilbert back.

I'm not at all one of those people who said we're better off without Gil or crap because we're not. It's just clear that Gilbert right now is a subpar bench player who can't hit an open shot to save his life and can't even dunk the ball, in addition to a newfound inability to make free throws and the always-existing inability to play defense. If Gil can get back to 100% next year, we'll be great with him. For now though, he's hurt our rhythm tremendously and we're not having the step-up performances from a variety of guys and the ball movement we had before to win games.

Gil's just not in step with our offense right now and it's really hurting us. I'm not convinced we shouldn't just shut him down and wait till next year. Hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see it in him right now.

well this was a dissasterous game... i know i spelled that wrong btw.

This is not what we needed...

another quality thread started by the B&G

This game better have served as the BIGGEST SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE!

We can beat Boston but if we play like we did tonight we wont be able to beat anyone! We all saw the game so i wont go into details...but letting NO NAMES! get CARRER HIGHS on us isnt helping.

its just sad that a team bound for the playoffs plays (or not play i should say) like this.

ps. go screw Maxiell!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by WizSkinsO's View Post

I'm not at all one of those people who said we're better off without Gil or crap because we're not. It's just clear that Gilbert right now is a subpar bench player who can't hit an open shot to save his life and can't even dunk the ball, in addition to a newfound inability to make free throws and the always-existing inability to play defense. If Gil can get back to 100% next year, we'll be great with him. For now though, he's hurt our rhythm tremendously and we're not having the step-up performances from a variety of guys and the ball movement we had before to win games.

Gil's just not in step with our offense right now and it's really hurting us. I'm not convinced we shouldn't just shut him down and wait till next year. Hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see it in him right now.
    dude do u watch nba?

the wizards team has looked pretty bad since butler went out even with butler back the team has been pretty bad lately. It has nothing to do with gilbert.

Last time i checked gil wasnt guarding maxxiell.

Quote Originally Posted by WizSkinsO's View Post

i agree. on defense he is really hurting us, and on offense its back to the same old sh!t. everyone stands around and we play 1 on 1. no team offense.

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
    dude do u watch nba?

the wizards team has looked pretty bad since butler went out even with butler back the team has been pretty bad lately. It has nothing to do with gilbert.

Last time i checked gil wasnt guarding maxxiell.
    Dude, do you watch NBA?

I do. And even right before Gil came back we were rolling, beating quality teams like the Pistons on the night he was supposed to come back but got denied.

This team was finding ways to beat anybody, Cleveland, Orlando, the Hornets, to send the Lakers to OT, etc.

Butler not being himself has something to do with it but you can tell Butler doesn't hurt our flow at all except maybe the 2nd half today when he clearly only had one leg. Normally, he's still so good with the ball and so quick that he can draw a double team and set up an open shot for Jamison or Stevenson. He also goes 100% on every play, rebounds, plays D, hustles, etc.

When Gil's one real contribution to this team is his ability to score at will and he can't do it when teams throw Lindsay Hunter at him, something's not right. Especially since Gil's offense has always been completely iso and out of Eddie's system that has worked so well for the other players.

Trust me, it has a lot to do with Gilbert.

Horrible game, but its only 1 game, we can bounce back tomorrow in a huge game aginst the 76ers.

Terrible game. Nothing went our way. Huge game tomorrow against Sixers.

Oh get outta here with this team is worse with Gil. Please it's getting old. Let's just put all the losses on him.

RIP Sean Taylor

Some people amaze me. Gilbert Arenas coming off the bench in 19-20 minute spurts has hurt this team? Get a clue please. He has been a shot in the arm to a second unit that has had no point guard all season. When you have Butler getting hurt every 40 seconds of the season and playing below his averages or Haywood giving up clean looks at the rim, you lose games. Last night scoring was the problem, and Gil playing for a quarter and a half wasnt going to dictate that too much.

Blatche is now officially a goon by the way. Another game where he attempts a flatfooted push shot at the rim and gets his **** thrown. Also, his 1930's scoop shot didnt make him look to bright.