Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we're a lottery team this year....(2009 Draft Thread)

Default If we're a lottery team this year....(2009 Draft Thread)

While I'm not conceding the season just yet, it can't hurt to start talking about prospects and what our needs will be come draft time.

Now, I don't follow college basketball all that closely, so I'm sure other people would have more input here, but I don't know of any "can't miss" picks (e.g. Oden, Rose). Of course it's quite early still and I'm sure a few will separate from the pack.

I don't see us going for Rubio or Jennings, seeing as we just locked up Gil and converting him to SG likely won't happen. The one guy that really stands out is Blake Griffin. I'm not sure how well he'd fit into our "system", but it's clear PF is one of, if not our weakest positions. The kid looks like he could be a verifiable beast.

What say you?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=1778009
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOgK1tTFQw&eurl=http://www.nbadraft.net/players/demar-derozan[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by lilshiraz; 11-19-2008 at 02:39 AM.

if we were to somehow get a lottery pick and receive a player that could contribute immediately, i think it would be best going after a pf. hopefully brendan and javale would have the center spot on lock next season. Now jamison could still be the starter, but he wouldn't have to log a lot of minutes, and we could have a young pf to come in that might actually know what defense is, and we would also have another reason to get blatche outta here.

I hardly follow college ball either, so i want to hear what other suggestions other members have. are there any good sg/sf combo type players that will be lottery bound this season?

Also, i might be alone in this, but am i the only one who thinks that tyler hansborough(sp) will end up like songaila when he is in the nba ?
    Redeem Team 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by billtimore View Post
    Also, i might be alone in this, but am i the only one who thinks that tyler hansborough(sp) will end up like songaila when he is in the nba ?
    You are not alone billt, Hansborough is so extremely above average and nothing more that it kills me how much attention he gets. Guys like him go on to have decent NBA careers. Just my opinon, and anyone can feel free to disagree but i rank the PF's in the next draft like this..

1. Blake Griffin 6-10 PF/C Oklahoma / Sophomore
    2. Earl Clark 6-9 PF/SF Louisville / Junior
    3. Patrick Patterson 6-8 PF kentucky / Sophomore
    4. Tyler Hansbrough 6-9 PF North Carolina / Senior

To me, Hansbrough lacks speed, explosiveness and length. I think he is great around the basket and thats what makes him a 1st round pick but I don't even think he's a lottery pick if some of the guys they are talking about coming out come out, i.e. Brandon Jennings, Rubio, DeRozan, Mullins, Harden, Holiday and the guys I have ranked above Tyler.

My 2c.

shiraz- cool video, nice jams but he wont last 3 seasons in the NBA. He is slamming against "kids" let him try that against anyone decent in the NBA and he will look like a fool. Where is his defense? outside shot? he is FAIL in the making imo
    RedeemTeam- "wtf. **** you elton brand. **** kind of name is elton."

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    shiraz- cool video, nice jams but he wont last 3 seasons in the NBA. He is slamming against "kids" let him try that against anyone decent in the NBA and he will look like a fool. Where is his defense? outside shot? he is FAIL in the making imo
    Second half of the video displayed a pretty nice shot, I dunno. Doesn't exactly look like the type of player we'd go for, though.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    honestly i do agree with you. he kinda reminds me of Nick. but Nick is better. this guy is going top 5 for sure. just keep an eye out for him in college. i think we need a big.

Demar is a freak. if he improves on his shot a bit more he will be a STAR

Quote Originally Posted by lilshiraz View Post
    honestly i do agree with you. he kinda reminds me of Nick. but Nick is better. this guy is going top 5 for sure. just keep an eye out for him in college. i think we need a big.

Demar is a freak. if he improves on his shot a bit more he will be a STAR

I agree with you but we have been saying the same thing about blatche, its all woulda, coulda shoulda but you never know
    RedeemTeam- "wtf. **** you elton brand. **** kind of name is elton."

Hasheem Thabeet out of UConn...assuming he comes out after this season.

I keep having nightmares that while the wiz would have a lottery pick, somehow they would draft Tyler Hansbrough.
    Section 432 Row A
    http://bulletsforever.com