Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 132

Thread: Eddie Jordan Fired.....

  1. #51
    Slam Dunk Specialist Starting Lineup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Powell Ohio
    Posts
    1,111
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^
    I am completely on board with that statement. EJ is the proverbial scapegoat here.

  2. #52
    Nostradamus Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Agreed 100%


    What is also interesting is O'Koren is gone too. Like I said in another thread his philosophy was the same as EJ. I'm guessing Ernie thinks it's time for a new regime. I suppose we can start by seeing how Tapscott does.
    Last edited by Diablo; 11-24-2008 at 02:43 PM.

    RIP Sean Taylor

  3. #53
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lamesville
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I love Eddie on a personal level but **** hasn't been looking good. I'm neither happy nor sad about this move. It is what it is. Probably had to happen. It was inevitable anyway. This is the NBA we're talking about here. Eddie had long ago run his course.

    That being said, I heard that the real replacement will be...

    John Thompson.

    Senior.

    Yes the old man.

    Just a rumor I heard. Tapscott is just a stop gap for a few days.

  4. #54
    Not amused admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Centreville
    Posts
    8,231
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.G.A.C.O.L.B. View Post
    I love Eddie on a personal level but **** hasn't been looking good. I'm neither happy nor sad about this move. It is what it is. Probably had to happen. It was inevitable anyway. This is the NBA we're talking about here. Eddie had long ago run his course.

    That being said, I heard that the real replacement will be...

    John Thompson.

    Senior.

    Yes the old man.

    Just a rumor I heard. Tapscott is just a stop gap for a few days.
    you wanna know whats funny? When the story first broke this morning half my office looked at me and said "Thompson!"

    I would DIE if thats the case, if anyone can come in to fix this team it is him. Start the chant, THOMPSON!
    RedeemTeam- "wtf. **** you elton brand. **** kind of name is elton."

  5. #55
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lamesville
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I think he commands instant respect.

    That being said, he's old and he's a college coach. Those two things worry me. Obvious reasons for age and as far as the college coach thing: successful college coaches don't seem to able to translate that success to the NBA, for whatever reason.

    But the man is a HOFer so if anyone can do it I think it could be him.

    Plus I always, ALWAYS, love to keep it local.

  6. #56
    Not amused admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Centreville
    Posts
    8,231
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.G.A.C.O.L.B. View Post
    I think he commands instant respect.

    That being said, he's old and he's a college coach. Those two things worry me. Obvious reasons for age and as far as the college coach thing: successful college coaches don't seem to able to translate that success to the NBA, for whatever reason.

    But the man is a HOFer so if anyone can do it I think it could be him.

    Plus I always, ALWAYS, love to keep it local.

    agreed on all points and it is obviously speculation but it is a ray of hope imo. I dont know who else could fit in quickly and turn the ship right side up.
    RedeemTeam- "wtf. **** you elton brand. **** kind of name is elton."

  7. #57
    Nostradamus Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I wonder what the players feel about this. I'm pretty sure they all loved EJ. Well maybe not Haywood haha

    RIP Sean Taylor

  8. #58
    WE Correspondent JoeG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,289
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.G.A.C.O.L.B. View Post
    I love Eddie on a personal level but **** hasn't been looking good. I'm neither happy nor sad about this move. It is what it is. Probably had to happen. It was inevitable anyway. This is the NBA we're talking about here. Eddie had long ago run his course.

    That being said, I heard that the real replacement will be...

    John Thompson.

    Senior.

    Yes the old man.

    Just a rumor I heard. Tapscott is just a stop gap for a few days.
    Not that i know more than the next guy but my odds on JT Sr. coaching the Wizards this year or next is about the same chance we have of landing Bosh and James to play with Gilbert and Caron in 2010.

    John Thompson Sr. doesn't have to sweat on another towel in his lifetime and will be revered in this area until he is no longer on this earth. Why in the hell would he come back and take on a project like this?

  9. #59
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lamesville
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    I wonder what the players feel about this. I'm pretty sure they all loved EJ. Well maybe not Haywood haha
    Like Wizards Insider said, this is basically a big **** you to all the players. And deservedly so. If they loved EJ so much they should've won some games for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0>23 View Post
    Not that i know more than the next guy but my odds on JT Sr. coaching the Wizards this year or next is about the same chance we have of landing Bosh and James to play with Gilbert and Caron in 2010.

    John Thompson Sr. doesn't have to sweat on another towel in his lifetime and will be revered in this area until he is no longer on this earth. Why in the hell would he come back and take on a project like this?
    Same reason Gibbs came back?

    I'm just saying what I heard.



    (EDIT: I would've done one large post originally admin but 0>23 posted his post while I was writing my reply to Diablo. I'll make sure to merge myself next time. Sorry.)
    Last edited by D.G.A.C.O.L.B.; 11-24-2008 at 03:06 PM.

  10. #60
    Nostradamus Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D.G.A.C.O.L.B. View Post
    Like Wizards Insider said, this is basically a big **** you to all the players. And deservedly so. If they loved EJ so much they should've won some games for him.
    Very true.

    It's been stated but the players haven't been playing to what they are capable of.

    All I know is we better not get Flip Saunders.

    RIP Sean Taylor

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •