Thread: VA Beach Kings???

Exclamation VA Beach Kings???

Several rumors are flying around that the Sacramento Kings plan to move to VA Beach.

Don't know how I'd feel about that. D Cousins running wild on the boardwalk of VA Beach could be a scary thing.

Legendary Enterprises LooseCannon13's Avatar

Bad News Kings

I find that hard to believe. Out of all the places they could move to, Virginia Beach wouldn't be on my list. Nice place for a NBA DLeague team, but not an NBA team.

By the way, where did you hear/read this rumor? I've been on basketball hiatus for a few weeks and haven't been following my normal routine of hunting for news.

"I don't know who to start, who to play, who not to play." - Randy Wittman. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    By the way, where did you hear/read this rumor? I've been on basketball hiatus for a few weeks and haven't been following my normal routine of hunting for news.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Numerous articles have confirmed that VA Beach is preparing to build a basketball/hockey stadium. Still no confirmation that it's for the Kings or another team.

Legendary Enterprises LooseCannon13's Avatar

Yeah the news went crazy like a little over a week ago. It was first reported as a rumor...and then like an hour later people were "confirming" the Kings were moving to VA Beach.

Obviously that wasn't the case.

I agree that it is definitely a long shot, and there are more places that would be a better fit (cough.....Seattle....cough) than VA Beach.

But it sure would be interesting and is a fun discussion.