Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: An actual discussion of the Wiz this season

  1. #21
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOVAwiz00 View Post
    I am pretty sure we can all agree that things will not get better until they get rid of EG. I was listening to the Fan the other night with Mark Gray and he brought a good point about drafting that EURO player in the 2nd round. Basically saying with all our needs why are we passing on players that can contribute now for players that will be overseas projects that may never make it over here.

    I honestly didn't know what to expect from the Wiz this year. Definitely thought better than last year but it is hard to judge when you don't have Wall or Nene out there. When do we start trading our loto pick for a more proven player? Or do we just keep drafting in the first 5 and hope everyone pans out. It just seems if we keep drafting in the first 5 every year it will be a rebuilding year.

    Also why are players like Jan and Chris barely getting playing time? We took Jan with the 6th pick and Chris with the 18th pick, doesn't this mean they should be on the floor more?
    We wont get better unless we get better talent. If we want a coach ? fine get Phill Jackson what ever it takes but honestly he had good players to win he won his trophys . In NBA talent =Championships which thus why I like the NFL more because you need good coaching and a FO to win the SB's.....i can be an NBA coach but if Lebron and KD or Superman and so on and so on are on my team ill have at worst a winning season with playoff birth based on there skill.


    IDk what Free agents we have next year but we are gonna need a new approach in trades and FA and better scouts. I like the fact we changed our jersey and the wizards do play tough but we lack things on the team and its crazy .

  2. #22
    Rookie NOVAwiz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burgundy and Gold View Post
    Agreed, for some reason Cartier Martin got more run than Beal tonight. Wittman's rotations are awful. I liked that he switched the starting lineup around tonight but still has rotations were not good at all. Jan played pretty decently tonight, I think on a good team he would look a lot better. Phil and Buck have begun to touch on it a bit, he makes small plays that really help the team and if the team was having success he would get a lot more love for those plays.

    Cannot wait until Wall gets back in there.
    My Jan rant for playing time was more for where we drafted him at. If you draft someone that high then they should get as much playing time as possible especially with a team with no expectations to make the playoffs.

    I agree once Wall and Nene get back in there teams will have to change their defensive strategy.

  3. #23
    Rookie NOVAwiz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullets202 View Post
    Why because im pointing out facts? B&G please dont BS me our team is not gonna win man you do realize we need BIG SUPERSTARS to win games and win a nice shiny trophy . OK Im sorry im honest if the team wants to improve they need to drop money and make big agressive trades to players like DWill - or Lebron - or Melo-or Durant player ( even tho highly likely will get them) to be a consistent competitive team.

    We have a bad FO and coaching as well with poor fans at Verizone. So im sorry for pointing out the facts and the Beal thing is an excuse players usually make impacts there first trough whole year but Beal is not that good nor i see him worth our pick. We needed a SF and honestly a better SG but we didnt really upgrade at all this year.

    So we stand at 0-8 because of the team FO-Depth-Coahing-And talent but im viewed as a bad fan and a troll because of honesty. Sorry but i know you dont take it to good and its fine but we are doomed till we get that BIG player we need. Hopfully one day KD wants to leave OKC and wants to be in D.C would be a dream come true but thats my dream reality wont happen so we will always suck till than.
    What facts have you posted? Seems more like you are posting your opinion.

    As far as us getting big time superstars it won't happen until we show that we can draft better talent. Why would KD want to come here when OKC has shown that they can draft their own superstars. Again this all falls onto EG.

  4. #24
    MVP The Burgundy and Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alexandria VA
    Posts
    3,517
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullets202 View Post
    Why because im pointing out facts? B&G please dont BS me our team is not gonna win man you do realize we need BIG SUPERSTARS to win games and win a nice shiny trophy . OK Im sorry im honest if the team wants to improve they need to drop money and make big agressive trades to players like DWill - or Lebron - or Melo-or Durant player ( even tho highly likely will get them) to be a consistent competitive team.

    We have a bad FO and coaching as well with poor fans at Verizone. So im sorry for pointing out the facts and the Beal thing is an excuse players usually make impacts there first trough whole year but Beal is not that good nor i see him worth our pick. We needed a SF and honestly a better SG but we didnt really upgrade at all this year.


    So we stand at 0-8 because of the team FO-Depth-Coahing-And talent but im viewed as a bad fan and a troll because of honesty. Sorry but i know you dont take it to good and its fine but we are doomed till we get that BIG player we need. Hopfully one day KD wants to leave OKC and wants to be in D.C would be a dream come true but thats my dream reality wont happen so we will always suck till than.
    Dude I don't care if your posts are negative as long as they actually have some substance to them and have premises that lead to your conclusion.

    I don't know how anyone could be positive about this team at this point so I have no problem with negative posts.

    I agree with you our front office is pathetic and we need a new coach asap. I also agree the Verizon Center is a joke of a home court, it's embarrassing honestly but what do you expect when the team has sucked for so long.

    I disagree with you on Beal, it is waaaaay too early to make any conclusions on him, especially when he hasn't even been on the floor with Wall yet.

    another quality thread started by the B&G

  5. #25
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burgundy and Gold View Post
    Dude I don't care if your posts are negative as long as they actually have some substance to them and have premises that lead to your conclusion.

    I don't know how anyone could be positive about this team at this point so I have no problem with negative posts.

    I agree with you our front office is pathetic and we need a new coach asap. I also agree the Verizon Center is a joke of a home court, it's embarrassing honestly but what do you expect when the team has sucked for so long.

    I disagree with you on Beal, it is waaaaay too early to make any conclusions on him, especially when he hasn't even been on the floor with Wall yet.
    What's with the mancrush on Beal? He looks like another wasted pick to me. An undersized timid shooting guard who can't dribble, create his own shot and looks shell shocked to be in the NBA. It absolutely has nothing to do with the talent around him. If the kid is a baller, he will ball even if he has scrubs around him. He will at least show some flashes and agression. Other rookies stepped right in and are helping their team win. That Lillard kid in Portland (6th overall pick) is already in beast mode and averaging 19ppg as their point guard. Sad to say, he even looks more polished than John Wall.

  6. #26
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOVAwiz00 View Post
    What facts have you posted? Seems more like you are posting your opinion.

    As far as us getting big time superstars it won't happen until we show that we can draft better talent. Why would KD want to come here when OKC has shown that they can draft their own superstars. Again this all falls onto EG.
    Facts I havent posted ?:


    Our record being or was 0-8

    Bradley beal shooting very Poorley and is AVG 3-13 in FG%

    We have bad coaching and GM and FO period ( these are facts).

    These are the facts I mean just like the post you and I beautifully will say typed nicely that "Without a Superstar we wont do nothing" meaning till we get a KD or Lebron or a player that caliber or even a chris Paul we will always be non contenders.



    How can any one stand in there CPU or laptop and saying im not pointing anything true other wise we would have these things:.


    - A winning record

    -A very good Coach and FO

    - A very good SG rookie whos been an impact and shot good FG% since his debut

    -We also would have a superstar on the team like Chris Paul or Lebron .


    And im not trying to be a precious troll off of a Disney book but im a fan and I hate that we are losing and haven't been in the playoffs for almost 4-5 years .

  7. #27
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
    What's with the mancrush on Beal? He looks like another wasted pick to me. An undersized timid shooting guard who can't dribble, create his own shot and looks shell shocked to be in the NBA. It absolutely has nothing to do with the talent around him. If the kid is a baller, he will ball even if he has scrubs around him. He will at least show some flashes and agression. Other rookies stepped right in and are helping their team win. That Lillard kid in Portland (6th overall pick) is already in beast mode and averaging 19ppg as their point guard. Sad to say, he even looks more polished than John Wall.
    Agreed we overrate wall and now Bradley Beal because of his so called 3 pointers he did in Florida . If he is as good as he was in college he would be balling right now. Did any one see Shaq or Lebron or Kobe who all 3 where drafted out of HS struggle in the NBA? nope they debuted with a historical night .

    But excuse is Wall is out ? One day we will have a big superstar and that will be the time when we will be consistent contenders for sure. Wall will never be in the playoffs with us or take us mark my words on that and its likely to happen.

  8. #28
    Nostradamus Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    "I don't know who to start, who to play, who not to play." - Randy Wittman.


    Says it all.

    RIP Sean Taylor

  9. #29
    All Star Nighthawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Centreville
    Posts
    2,052
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Again. Ted is at the root of all our problems because he failed to do what needed to be done from the very beginning. From the minute to took ownership and talked of rebuilding, I've said, you can't rebuild with the same GM that allowed your property to become the eye sore that it is. Ted is trying to rebuild on an old failed foundation. Your "home" is only as good as it's foundation and when your foundation is Ernie Grunfeld then this is what you're left with.

    0-9 is the worst start of any Bullets/Wizards team in history. Do you realize how bad you have to be, to be the worst team in team history?! Lord have mercy.

    If Ted doesn't get the broom out and fire Ernie and Randy before the end of 2012 then there is now hope for him as an owner or any hope for this team.

    "I don't know who to start, who to play, who not to play." - Randy Wittman. DUH!

  10. #30
    Legendary Enterprises LooseCannon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    nova
    Posts
    7,148
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post

    0-9 is the worst start of any Bullets/Wizards team in history. Do you realize how bad you have to be, to be the worst team in team history?! Lord have mercy.
    I echo that sentiment....how bad do you have to be to be the worst Wizards team ever? That is pathetic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •