Thread: Wizards making a "push" for Rudy Gay?

Rookie

Default Wizards making a "push" for Rudy Gay?

The Washington Post is reporting the Wizards are making a push for Rudy Gay. The deal could include anyone except Wall and Beal. What do you guys think? I imagine the price will be high. Would you be willing to include a top 3 pick?

Bench Warmer

When Denver wanted to dump Nene’s contract, the Wizards said sure. When New Orleans wanted to dump Ariza and Okafor so that they could reboot, Ted and Ernie couldn’t believe their good luck. Now Memphis wants to get rid of Gay’s monster contract — what a natural fit!

Then, if the Wizards could pry Carlos Boozer and his mammoth contract from the Bulls, start printing Championship t-shirts, baby!

Bench Warmer

I herd beal is what they want. Isnt there a sg any way who is a better propect than beal in college?id like to keep beal bit gay would really be a difference and make wiz better on 2k

I imagine Wall and Beal are untouchable in deals. Plus, with Wall just coming back, I'm pretty sure the Wiz want to see what they have with that backcourt, before breaking it up so soon.

I think they should do itg...give them crawford..ves..singleton and something else for Gay and something else.

Y'ALL MUSTA FORGOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Checmate101 View Post
    I think they should do itg...give them crawford..ves..singleton and something else for Gay and something else.
    Lol if they accept that then by all means do the trade asap.

another quality thread started by the B&G

Rookie

The excerpt below is from ESPN.

3. Lack of picks:*Any major deal consummated must bring back first-round picks, as these represent one of the best ways to add discounted talent to a cash-strapped roster. The Grizzlies might stand to benefit by "taking one step backward to take two steps forward" in that they should take a discount on the caliber of player in return for Gay so long as they are able to net multiple picks. While Grizzlies fans may cringe at the prospect of a "Gay for*Trevor Ariza/Trevor Booker/Jan Vesely" deal, the prospect of getting*Washington Wizards*draft picks in return is more than worth the gap in talent.

Would you trade Ariza, Booker, Vesely and our current pick, which should be in the top 3?

Bench Warmer

We wont have a top 5 pick lets face it with wall and price back the team will end up much better. We play kinga of we beat em thats 4 straight and wiz will start winning more often..

Quote Originally Posted by Skrobes66 View Post
    The excerpt below is from ESPN.

3. Lack of picks:*Any major deal consummated must bring back first-round picks, as these represent one of the best ways to add discounted talent to a cash-strapped roster. The Grizzlies might stand to benefit by "taking one step backward to take two steps forward" in that they should take a discount on the caliber of player in return for Gay so long as they are able to net multiple picks. While Grizzlies fans may cringe at the prospect of a "Gay for*Trevor Ariza/Trevor Booker/Jan Vesely" deal, the prospect of getting*Washington Wizards*draft picks in return is more than worth the gap in talent.

Would you trade Ariza, Booker, Vesely and our current pick, which should be in the top 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullets202 View Post
    We wont have a top 5 pick lets face it with wall and price back the team will end up much better. We play kinga of we beat em thats 4 straight and wiz will start winning more often..
    Agreed, I wouldn't have a problem if we threw in our first round pick, it's not gonna be as high as initially thought and we miss on half of our draft picks anyways so it won't matter either way. I would do Gay for Ariza/Booker/ Vesely and a first rounder in a second.

I'd assume they'd want Seraphin instead of Booker though, which I wouldn't be nearly as happy with.
    Last edited by The Burgundy and Gold; 01-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.

another quality thread started by the B&G